On 9/12/10, in conjunction with St. Louis Tea Party, we will take another Rolling Tea Party through St. Louis County and City to raise awareness for the Tea Party Movement.
Decorate your Car, Truck, RV, or Semi with appropriate (and responsible) items to protest the out of control spending and legislation being proposed and enacted in Washington, DC. Think Tea Party meets Wedding Party meets 4th of July Parade! Test your horn and your flashers and come on out for the fun! Rolling Tea Parties are a great time; ask anyone who’s joined us on the previous treks!
Sign up for the event at Facebook, and you will receive updates as they come out.
Meet at 10:00 and leave at 10:30am, the route should take about an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Meet at Commuter Parking Lot southeast of I-270 & Gravois intersection
- Head east on Gravois
- Down Russell through Soulard
- Up Broadway through downtown St. Louis
- Down Washington to the Arch
Printable Detail Route Document here: Rolling Tea Party – 20100912 – Route
St. Louis Tea Party has asked us to join them on Wednesday April 28th to Roll To Quincy. The President is speaking in Quincy, IL and in Macon, MO, and Tea Partiers from FIVE states are converging to remind him that our movement is still going strong and will be alive and will in November 2010 and beyond.
We will meet at the K-Mart parking-lot just West of the corner of Highway K and Veteran’s Memorial Highway In O’Fallon, MO at 2:30pm.
- 20 O’fallon Square
- O’Fallon, MO 63366
We will drive to Quincy and, depending on the President’s schedule, protest near his speech or hold a rally at the Lincoln-Douglas Debate Memorial. After that we will go to the Holiday Inn for a virtual Town Hall at 6:00pm. A certain notable celebrity also happens to be staying at that hotel.
The details will develop as the day moves forward, so we will need to be flexible.
- Check the Weather and dress appropriately
- Bring snacks or sandwiches as we may not get to eat until after 7:30pm
- If you decorate your vehicle, we will be driving top speed to Quincy, so test for 70MPH+
Watch the following web sites for details:
If you have any questions, please call me at 314.882.3327
Thanks again for your participation on 4/3, and I hope to see you on Wednesday.
Thanks to all those that participated in the 4/3/10 Rolling Tea Party through parts of St. Charles County. We had a great turnout of 30 vehicles, 60 attendees, 3 speakers, 3 candidates, one sitting Missouri State Representative, and even one cameraman from KMOV channel 4. The clouds left and gave us a beautiful day for our ride.
At the start, we found out that well over half the attendees were there for their 1st Rolling Tea Party, and many had been to Washington DC for the 1st time in their lives during the past year. The event started at 9:45am with a few words from District 19 Missouri Representative Cynthia Davis, District 19 candidate Dave Evans, and Tea Party Patriot Jay Stewart. The fired-up group left the O’Fallon Target parking lot and made two loops through a route that included O’Fallon, St. Peters and Cottleville.
Folks outdid themselves with the decorations for their vehicles and prizes, including T-Shirts, Hats and books, were awarded to the Best Decorated Vehicles. Michelle Moore handled the duties as Best Dressed Car Czar. Congratulations to the Best Dressed Car winners:
- Tom Higgins
- Jim and Laure Schmidt
- Brenda Webb
At about 12:45, the caravan made it to the weekly K&N Rally and swelled their ranks for the remainder of their protest.
Thanks again to the sponsors: St. Louis Tea Party, Show-Me Patriots and I Heard The People Say. Your help took the event to the next level! Be sure to check them out at StLouisTeaParty.com ShowMePatriots.org and IHeardThePeopleSay.org
Thanks to all those that took video and pictures. Here are some links for you to check out:
Video 1 – Doug Edelman
Video 2 – Doug Edelman
Video 3 – Mike Burns
Pictures 1 – Doug Edelman
Route and Instructions – Printable Document
Rolling Tea Party – 20100403 – Info Doc – 02
The people have spoken and they want another Rolling Tea Party!
On Saturday 04/03/10, “St. Louis Tea Party”, “I Heard The People Say”, and “Show-Me Patriots” invite St. Louis Metro Area Conservatives, Republicans, and other Fiscally Responsible citizens to join in a Rolling Tea Party through portions of St. Charles County.
You are invited to decorate your vehicle with appropriate (and responsible) items to protest the out of control spending and legislation being proposed and enacted in Washington, DC.
Join us at the O’Fallon Target parking lot (2300 Hwy K, O’Fallon, MO 63376) at 9:30am to prepare and be ready to leave by 10:00am. Look for the Yellow Ford F150 in the parking lot.
- The route is posted in the picture below.
- We will run the route (mostly) twice and end at the K&N Rally
- The trip is expected to take 2.5 hours
- There will be main two stops for re-grouping (we may pause if stop-lights are causing problems)
- Do not run stop lights / watch for our friend the ‘Red Light Camera’
- Do not slow of hinder other traffic / be considerate
- We will typically travel 5mph below the speed limit
Stop The Prop
- We’ve been asked by the folks at Citizens for Better Transit to include signage opposing “Prop A” in our Rolling Tea Party. St. Louis County will be voting on this Proposition on April 6th and we could help stop this money-grab by the folks at Metrolink. Your family of four is already paying $350 per year in taxes for Metrolink; this tax will bring that amount up to $650 per year. More information at http://www.stoptheprop.com
If you haven’t been on a Rolling Tea Party before, think Wedding Party meets 4th of July Parade meets Tea Party.
- Decorate with signs / flags / streamers / pigs / cans
- Noisemakers (one young man brought his trumpet previously)
- Window paint
- We hope to have prizes for best decorated vehicle
- Make sure decorations can handle a speed of 45mph. TEST them before you arrive at the event!
- There will be a few prizes for the best decorated vehicle, so do your best!!
- Michelle Moore will be the Best Dressed Car Czar.
- Be sure to check out her site at www.atraditionallifelived.com
Watch this site for more information about the trip.
For more information, contact Brian Bollmann
- Phone: 314.882.3327
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Please RSVP at the Facebook Event page:
- Click on Map for larger version
Rolling Tea Party - 20100403 - Route